I've been a Squeezebox user and advocate almost since the beginning.
About the only product I didn't own was the original SLIMP3.  I have a
dozen devices and was just talking about streaming home solutions with
an acquaintance the other day and showing off my SB solution where I
could control my home BOOM from my phone 300km away (Orangesqueeze on
Droid).  Haven't been plugged into the community for a while though and
was just poking my head back in due to some insomnia.  What a surprise!

I cannot understand why Logitech drove over the cliff with the higher
end audio and highly flexible/customizable music server niche they
bought from Slimdevices.  My only hope is that Sean Adams gets off the
beach , buys back the mess his vision has become (probably for pennies
on the dollar now that Logitech has run it into the ground), and rescues
us all.  Hasn't he almost burned though the dump truck of money he got
from Logitech on hookers and blow by now anyhow? :-D  I kid!

All Logitech needed to do was to keep the hardware production ticking
along, market the darn stuff better, and support/manage the open source
development that basically comes for free.  Killing the golden goose
indeed.  I really think they failed with the marketing and didn't really
understand their base.