Hi all,

I've been having this problem for a while now and thought I'd ask and
see if I could get any insight.

We have one LMS with two Squeezeboxes in our house, and one controller
for each.

Our music is separated into two 'Collections' - My music, and my
father's music.

The folder structure is thus:

Music Set 1 > Genre > Artist > Album > song.xxx

Music Set 2 > Compressed > Artist > Album > song.mp3
> FLAC > Artist > Album > Song.flac

Browsing the music folders within set 1 is instantaneous.

Browsing either of the folders in set 2 is very slow, taking 10-15
seconds to display the contents of the "FLAC" folder (which contains 200
sub-folders) and longer to display the "Compressed" folder (if it
doesn't crash LMS completely).  The "Compressed" folder contains 600
sub-folders.

Is it just because of the sheer number of Artist folders under each?  Am
I asking too much of it to display 600 folders without crashing the LMS?
Can I do anything different, other than use Artist/Album?

I should also add that even when I go into the Artist's subfolders in
the FLAC folder it'll still take a long time to display the list of
albums, and then start playing that album, even though there are only
one or two.

Thanks, I hope this makes sense!