Battery drain got much better with the current preview but it's still
nowhere near where it was before (I'm now at 2 days with a battery load,
still much worse than my iPad while it was batter before given that I
don't use the Nexus a lot).
This time, the problem seems to be SqueezePlayer, which I set to get
automatically started when I start OrangeSqueeze. I set it to "power
off", would it be possible to shut it down in that state after a few
minutes until I re-open OrangeSqueeze?

Android is this mixed bag regarding background execution: on the one
hand there are so many more things you can do with it compared to iOS
but then you also clearly see why Apple doesn't want it.