castalla wrote:
> Ooops ... I mean the Mini Boombox SPEAKER not the Boombox player!
>
> Sorry.

I've got one of Mini Boombox speakers. I have bought it few months ago
as holiday companion and it was great buy at 40GBP.
Like you did mention, you can only expect so much from tiny speaker, but
this one surprised me positively.
I was even using it as additional bathroom/spareroom Squeezebox Player
(paired with SqueezePlayer on my Xperia) until I got myself another
Radio with Battery pack.
Unfortunately I don't listen to any talk radio streams, only music, so
don't know how would it perform for you. Didn't noticed any hiss and
generally I'm happy with sound quality.
It sounds much better (more bass'y) when placed in corners/floor (on
wooden floor ideally).. and its able to fill small/medium room with
reasonable volume....
It's got good battery live as well but I think some people complained
when using it as bluetooth kit for making phone calls... never tried
myself though...