djfake wrote:

> Good news is that the software will live on, but bad news is they own
> the patents? for the devices.

Are you sure there are any patents ?
There are trademarks and code/binaries which isn't available for
redistribution but I'm not sure there are any patents.

djfake wrote:

> Will someone come along and buy the line?

No

djfake wrote:

> Will the old SlimDevices team buy it back?

No

djfake wrote:

> Will someone integrate SqueezeBox functionality into, say a universal
> player like Oppo, or setup box like Roku? We can only hope...

If you mean the actual Squeezebox code, it's unlikely.
If you mean functionality similar to Squeezebox, it will very likely
happen if there is a market with enough people willing to buy such
devices, it's just a matter of time.