erland wrote:
> If you want smart playlists you also need to add handling of statistic
> data such as play counts, last played time and ratings to the list,
> smart playlists without this is more or less useless IMHO. Often you
> want to filter or limit the smart playlist to things like:
> - Only include music you don't listen to very often
> - Only include music you haven't listen to for a long time
> - Only include music which you love (top rated tracks)
> - Exclude music you hate (low rated tracks)
> - Only include music you listen to often.

It looks like the Olive One will be providing similar functionality by
storing play statistics as per this:

"Our patent-pending SESSION™ technology learns from your listening
habits. Simply activate SESSION™ and ONE automatically tracks your music
preferences across many criteria: genres, artists, ratings, play count,
volume, even the time of the day and season. It learns if you get the
Blues on Monday or like to dance on Friday night. After awhile ONE can
start playing awesome, relevant music you'll love with one simple
touch."

Source: http://myoliveone.com/Ones/music_os

I have been a fairly long time user of Squeezebox devices and currently
have 3 x SB Touch and 1 x SBR, but am very interested in what Olive are
planning with the ONE.

I was initially disappointed that Olive were not originally planning on
providing a digital out (as I have one of my SB Touch devices feeding an
Audiolab M-DAC & wanted to do the same with the ONE), but they have
confirmed that this will now be provided.

They are also considering whether additional connections can be provided
(without significant PCB redesign work) for analogue out & ethernet with
the plan being that all connections would be available from a
"connection hub" (my words), with just a single cable running back to
the ONE (containing discrete cables inside).