castalla wrote:
> What an exquisitely articulate way to describe poor sound quality ...

Come on, this is a forum, I'm not writing a college thesis here.

For the most part, to describe what's happening, it's almost as if the
soundcard can't handle the bass. Whenever there's a bassy part to a song
the other parts diminish, the volume, the treble, everything to the song
gets drowned out. That's really the only want to describe it, it has
horrible quality during that time. Adjusting the volume doesn't really
seem to matter, it's like the sound card can't handle certain
frequencies.

Oh well, atleast I found the culprit. I'm not gunna buy a usb dac just
for work. I already spent money on one for my house, I'll wait to see
how the new laptop is with the sound quality before I make that
decision. Thanks for the suggestion though, I love audioengine's stuff!