JohnSwenson wrote:
> I really want to do this with those extra options because that is what
> differentiates this from say a CuBox.

COAX, USB and a decent DAC onboard. Would you still do the OS/DF in
FPGA? I guess this is really pushing my luck, but any chance of an I2S
output?

JohnSwenson wrote:
> There ARE large initial setup fees for doing this, that is why I
> mentioned 25 units, at that price the amortization of the setup charge
> starts getting lower than the cost of the actual parts. Below that you
> can still do it, but the cost per board skyrockets.

I don't think you would have any problem getting up-front commitments
for 25 units.

JohnSwenson wrote:
> The 512MB one costs $20 more and is significantly more work in the
> layout. (the board won't cost more, but it will take longer to get layed
> out) Because of the more layout effort I'm thinking it might be a good
> idea to go with the 256MB for the first board.

I really do think you should shoot for 512MB from the off, even if add
adds time to delivery because of the increased layout complexity.

JohnSwenson wrote:
> Once these boards are out the software types can get a working linux
> distribution with Squeezelite handling the SB part. The idea is that the
> firmware is one file that gets written to an SD card which when booted
> by the board has it up and running as a black box receiver. Until that
> point it WILL be a geek fest to get it working, but because the mission
> is simple (black box receiver) it hopefully will not take too long to
> get a firmware file up and running.

A days work! ;)