Success! For those who go after me... I dis-assembled the unit (easy to
do with a tork screwdriver) and then had a really good go at the casing
with a dish scouring pad - the kind with a sponge on one side and a more
abrasive plastic finish on the other. Tiny bit of soap + water and about
20 mins of elbow grease - this thing looks as good as new.

I now remember the flakiness of the SB1 when playing FLAC files! I'm
using a wired connection, but that buffer was small. Still plays mp3's
without issue and can even sync with my other slim devices. Just like
the old days.

Is this a tech-antique yet?

|Filename: photo (2).jpg                                            |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14350|