jimbobvfr400 wrote:
> iPeng plus an optional in app purchase for local playback basically
> turns your device into a squeezebox using your existing server. You can
> do the same on Android using any available control app and an additional
> app called squeezeplay.
>
> In my garage I have an old set of Yamaha 2.1 pc speakers that I simply
> plug either my phone or tablet into, bingo an extra squeezebox zone.
>
> Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for your reply, but no - this is not how I understood the
original thread of comments.

You're talking about turning your phone/tablet into a Squeezebox - yes,
I understand that.

But the original post was

Plank wrote:
>  Can't you accomplish roughly the same thing as an Olive with an iPad
> mini and an Airport express? I've been happy using iTunes match and
> about 10 internet radio apps.

and then

DaveWr wrote:
>  No iTunes required, iPeng's fine.

Now, by these, I am reading that you can accomplish the same thing as an
Olive (or Squeezebox) with an iPad and an Airport Express. No iTunes
required. iPeng only.

Maybe I am reading that wrong?