Yes I've experienced this and it's really freaky. It's like a 5 second
burst of mind numbing white noise and digital glitch. If I had
discovered this within 30 days of purchasing my squeezeboxes I might
have returned them (and never looked back). It's equally difficult to
part with this setup because it fits so well into my existing design.

This has happened maybe 3 or 4 times since I brought the SB into my
setup. I'm using LMS 7.7.2 on Linux with squeezelite playing to a local
amp via SPDIF.

I remember digging around these forums and elsewhere for answers on how
to fix this or at least a suspected cause. Unfortunately I've not found
anything useful.