Hello,

I have two servers running in my house, one running 7.7.2 and one
running 7.8.

Does it matter if the squeezebox radio and squeezebox touch are running
7.7.2 or 7.8 firmware?

Does anyone know if there are any new features or updates to the
firmware in 7.8?

What happens if I update the firmware on the devices to 7.8 and then
keep the server running at 7.7.2?

If anyone wants to know why I am asking about this, my main squeezebox
server, is a DS Synology 412+ box and the only version of the squeezebox
server available is 7.7.2.

I can run the squeezebox server 7.8 on a mac, I am currently testing the
performance of a bitrate limited stream from the squeezebox server to my
iphone when I am driving around town.

It is much harder to install the needed software to enable bitrate
limiting on the DS Synology DS412+.