We use Last.fm as our premium service, with Slacker and Pandora as free
services.  One account for each for the whole family.

The ability to keep track of individual playlists or favorites for each
family member:  Not a problem in our house.  My wife and I have fairly
similar tastes, and we have favorites for each of us.  We don't use
playlists.  The only problem is when our kids come over and want to
listen to boy bands or metal.  We just have them use Pandora and turn
off Last.fm scrobbling while they're here!

My dream system and online streaming services:  It would be nice to
accommodate multiple instances of a service, but not really necessary
for us.