JackOfAll wrote:
> Noted John's comments about the logo on PCB or front panel. From an
> aesthetic point of view, I detest the plain jane 3rd logo. I personally,
> don't really go for fussy, but I'd like the logo to have a little more
> style about it.

For use on a board what you can do is quite restricted. We have the
soldermask color, which can be many  different colors, gold (the gold
plated copper without the soldermask) and the silkscreen color, which
can be either black or white (usually white). The limitations are that
the silkscreen can only be applied to soldermask,  not to  the gold.
Using the gold is assuming we have an area where we are not using the
metal for signal routes.

What can be quite effective is opening up a reactangle of gold and using
the soldermask color on top of that to implement the logo, or the
opposite, where the logo is implemented as holes in the soldermask which
lets the gold show through. It's possible  to put soldermask on top of
this, but only on top of the soldermask, not the gold.

#2 could easily be implemented (except  for the shading), but #1 is
going to be essentially impossible to come out right. We don't have to
have the same logo on the software as on the board and front panel (I'm
thinking of using PCBs for the front and back panel, so the same rules
would apply there), but it might be nice to keep them sort of similar.

John S.