After reading one of the updated threads here this morning I decided to
look at some of my settings. From the LMS Control Panel I clicked on the
Advanced tab and then on Web Remote Control.  What I acheived was a
blank screen. I then returned to the LMS Control Panel and found the
following;

Failed to openURL http://127.0.0.1:9000// in default browser. 1156 error
in sending the command to the application.

I tried closing and reopening Internet Explorer same result. I then
stopped and restarted LMS with the same result. During this time I could
play local music w Squeezeplay and two Squeezebox Touch units connected
via wifi. Finally what I did was what one often would do when having
issues. I shut down my Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium PC, powered off the
router and the modem. Next powered them back up in reverse order-modem,
router, PC. The Web Remote Control then worked.

I have never seen this behavior before. Any thoughts as to what may have
been happening ? I guess for now I will keep my fingers crossed that it
continues to work.