Well, I would say as a longtime fan of both Readynas and Squeezebox,
neither is for the true computer novice, but both are are excellent, if
sadly on the road to extinction in their current form.

If you really want a Readynas I would recommend this model:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822122086&cm_mmc=AFC-dealnews-_-NA-_-NA-_-22-122-086

Its probably won't receive many (any?) firmware updates going forward
but can hold more storage than you will probably ever need and can be
upgraded piecemeal. It has a low end core 2 processor with up to 1 GB of
RAM by default, and since its x86 you can run MusicIP.

You can run any version of Squeeze*/LMS on it.