Just to bump up the thread, I have been following the progress of the
Olive One on the crowd funding site Indiegogo. They have now taken
pre-orders worth over $500k which to me at least looks like a very
successful campaign.

I make no claims as to how good the Olive One might be compared to
Squeezebox - that has been covered in other threads on these forums, but
I'd be interested to know if  the crowdfunding route might be the way to
go for this project.

If it ( SWAMP0 ) sounds as good as good as as John thinks it will, then
crowdfunding could generate the funds needed to create a dedicated ( bug
free?) replacement for LMS, liaise with various developers/music sites
to design legal native apps, and  produce the end product under licence.
It could also mean guys like John/Triode/Erland  etc get properly
rewarded for their efforts.

Just a thought.