pippin wrote:
> You can do that with ickStream, if you like. But what is your "cloud at
> home"? Most people don't want to have a server running 24/7 and I, for
> myself, enjoy having access to music I don't yet know. This will not go
> away, people will use online services for a lot of their music
> listening, probably most of it.

Maybe i really don't get it, but your business model depends on your
cloud services, right? Why should you then give one the oppertunity to
build up a totally independent plattform from your cloud services? This
makes no sense, because it would decrease your income and therefore
endanger the operation of your cloud services. So what does "you can do
that with ickStream" really mean: That some services depend (as with my
squeezebox.com) to your cloud services, even if the main core is
installed on ones private cloud? Then we're once again at the beginning
of the story: mysqueezebox.com but with another name.

Regarding "private cloud & server 24/7"":
When talking about a "private cloud" using the word "server" is already
a mistake, because common people think of servers that they are loud as
jets, costs hundreds of dollars per year for power consumption, are big
as skyscrapers, are worse for healthy reasons and so on... But we know
that this is totally wrong nowadays: You can build up small systems with
low power consumption which has so much horsepower that they can do much
more than just handle your music library and some music services. The
only thing that is missing is that someone builds up a a ready to go
hard- and software platform which can be handled by consumers. I never
understood why logitech tried to implement the LMS into the touch. Why
not build up some small ready to go nano server (sorry: private cloud
system)?