erland wrote:
> As I've understood, people who want to hook it up to a TV and use a
> IR-remote would use a flirc adapter (http://flirc.tv/) and put it in one
> of the USB ports.
>
> We will see if an actual IR-remote and the flirc adapter is included in
> the package in gen 2 or if it's something that the customer have to
> purchase separately, either way should work, it's just a matter of if
> most users wants it (so it can be included in the package) or only a few
> users wants it (so it's better to let them buy it separately).
I just looked into the FLIRC thingy, and I don't really like that idea
from an aesthetic point of view. At the moment I never touch my Touch,
it's controlled through my Harmony remote, in large part because that's
the only way my wife actually manages to get music playing. Given the
sound quality predictions of this project I would probably want to put
it in place of my Touch, but that would mean, if I want to keep using my
Harmony, that there's some kind of unsightly dongle sticking out of the
front, just to keep the IR-receiver in line of sight.