Mark Miksis wrote:
> As a non-audiophile, I've been thinking about how I might use
> Squeezelite with a Pi/Wandboard/etc as a tabletop replacement.  Can
> anyone recommend good quality USB speakers (AC powered) suitable for
> this purpose?
I don't have a speaker recommendation for you, but if you are thinking
about running Squeezelite on a Pi, be warned that the Pi's USB
implementation is known to have issues that mean it is not compatible
with some USB DACs.

I have Squeezelite running on a Pi feeding a cheap Muse USB/SPDIF
converter (based on the PCM2704 chip) and this does work, but some
people have found that other USB DACs have problems with dropouts. So
tread carefully. In hindsight had I known what I know now I would have
used a different device (eg. Cubox, Wandboard, etc), even though they
are about 3 times the price of a Pi.