First I want to thank garym and others for their time and assistance
with my problem.  Without this forum and people like garym (many others)
who share their time and knowledge I would be one of those who never got
to really experience what the squeezebox offered.

Spent several hours this weekend trying to fix this problem at home
without success.  Got to the office and started again.  I have finally
found a method that seems to work.

1.  Select genre that needs to be removed and go to each album that is
in that genre.
2.  Delete each album from musicip mixer.
3.  Go to the album/song level in my music and select all songs
4.  Edit id tags to the genre or genres you want
5.  Back to musicip mixer and add the albums back to your library.
6.  http://localhost:10002/server and refresh songs.
7.  Complete clear rescan

This has corrected all but one album that I am still having problems
with.  It is "Doors Absolutely Live" and was originally tagged
"Live;Rock And Roll".  It needs to be "Live;Rock and Roll" to show with
the other R&R albums.  It was changed at the album/song level and shows
the correct genre at that level, mp3tag, and in musicip.  After
refreshing songs at localhost and rescanning with LMS the album still
shows under the wrong genre.  Will continue.