So, I've been gone for many months and come back here to find lots of
unfamiliar names being tossed around: SqueezePlug/SqueezeLite/Community
Squeeze/Wandboard/Raspberry-Pi.  All with long threads filled with
hundreds of techie-jargon-filled posts which only make this layman
thoroughly confused as to what a given product is supposed to be -- a
player replacement, a player/server combo, something else entirely?

So, if it isn't too much trouble, could someone post a quick summary of
any project or projects being undertaken to create an actual "Squeezebox
replacement?"  Particularly, let me ask the question: if my SB Touch
were to die tomorrow, or next month, what options would I have to
replace it with something that would be able to stream music over wi-fi
from a computer or NAS running LMS, and outputting that music to a DAC
at 24/96 resolution?  A clear, simple summary would be greatly
appreciated!