usc95 wrote:
> I am using an Atom powered Win 7 nettop to host my LMS.  I have been
> ripping to FLAC for years but would now like to use ALAC since I have
> just bought a Mac and Itunes is so dead simple to rip and tag with on
> the Mac.  I have two radios, a classic, a boom and pogoplug running
> squeezelite in my Squeezebox family I would like to play these ALAC
> files with.  Will my Atom powered nettop have enough grunt to transcode
> the ALAC files easily or should I learn how to rip to FLAC on my Mac and
> forget ALAC?

If you're interested in lossless files, you probably care about accuracy
of rips as well.  Itunes is not a "secure" ripper (such as EAC,
dbpoweramp, CueTools), nor does it use ACCURATERIP comparisons. Of
course 99% of the time it really doesn't matter. But for the OCD among
us, worrying over the 1% non-bitperfect rips keeps us up at night.  ;-)

*Location 1:* VortexBox Appliance 4TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Transporter,
Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > SqueezePlay
*Spares:* VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S (iPeng), iPad2 (iPengHD & SqueezePad),
CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Spotify