It looks like I've bumped into the same problem.  Someone has given me
some tracks they bought in flac format from HDTracks.  My Duet stumbles
over them, with the music coming out slower than it should and sounding
as if the musicians are stuttering!  The tracks play OK in Windows Media
Player on a fast PC, served by my old PC running VortexBox and Logitech
Media Server.  But they don't play properly on the Duet, served from the
same source.

The bit rate shown in the file's properties are around 3500kbps, with an
audio sample rate of 96kHz.  And the files are huge, 1.5gb for the 13
tracks on a 62-minute CD.  So I guess I need to transcode.  So could I
please get some practical help with the steps to do that.  The tools I
currently have are Media Monkey Gold (MMG), and flicflac (FF).

What I've tried so far: Used both MMG and FF to convert to wav, and to
mp3 320k.  Then I've converted the wav back to flac using both FF and
MMG.  And I'm no further forward, the files still won't play properly on
the Duet - and they are still huge.

I've googled quite a bit and one suggestion that I've not tried is to
burn a CD from these files, then rip it back in with Exact Audio Copy.
That makes me think there must be a way to do the same thing but without
using a physical CD.

Can somebody provide practical tips on what to do next?

Squeezebox Duet digital into Yamaha RX-V2700 and Jamo speakers; analogue
into Speakercraft MZC-66 for whole house system. Library is mostly FLAC,
on external USB drive; Squeezecenter 7.7 running on VortexBox (built on
an elderly Dell PC).  Ethernet between Squeezebox and PC; controller
uses wireless via router.