Picked one up Friday at my local Best Buy and to my surprise still got
the 3 free months of Netflix though Google and Amazon had already cut
that off.  Works great and especially like using it to cast a Chrome tag
of Pandora One from a laptop to get the superior 192K audio feed which
sounds much better than the 128K P1 my Squeezebox Touch provides.  Had
to use the supplied USB power cable when I plugged it into my AV
receiver but this gave an unexpected benefit as when I cast a tab my
receiver powers up and switches to the correct HDMI port automatically,
also no need for the TV to be on if I'm only interested in the audio
i.e. P1, web radio, etc. and for that sort of audio the sound quality is
fine.  So at a net cost of $11 well worth it for me to stream audio
alone, but it also casts Hulu, etc. from Chrome too.  No doubt many apps
will include Chromecast soon and am curious what bitrate Pandora will
use, according to the web Pandora will add a Chromecast feature shortly
but I have not found any info on what the bitrate will be...