castalla wrote:
> I have a pair of Mordant Short MS 3.40 speakers - 120w 8ohms - which
> sound great, using an old Sony amp.
>
> I want to replace the amp with a smaller unit (with DAC).
>
> Two amps seem to fit (bearing in mind the WAF variable) but would they
> be suitable for the MS speakers:
>
> a. Topping TP32 - only 10 w at 8ohms
>
> b. Teac H01 - claims 22 w
>
> There's a big price difference - and I can't discover if the Teac is
> linux compatible for the usb dac.
>
> Any comments?  Advice?
>
> Thanks.

The Teac A-H01 seems like a very fine product. And with the build in
Bang & Olufsen ICE-power amps, you can expect very
good sound.

Callesoroe
Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan
Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma
PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
Kitchen: SB-duet, Beresford TC7510 DAC, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp
speakers.