I updated from 7.7.2 to 7.7.3 on Win7 and all my players vanished - not
something I have seen before in updating over quite a few years.
Interestingly, softsqueeze running on the LMS pc worked fine, but
neither of my squeezeboxes nor Orange Squeeze trying to register as a
controller could see the server at all. I have reverted to 7.7.2 which
instantly picked up all the devices and is working fine.

Not a major problem for me - 7.7.2 works well and I have no need to
update, but a bit curious about what might be going on.