gstew wrote:
> Q1 - Yes.
>
> Q2 - It can be easily done in either the SW or the firmware. I'm not
> sure where it could be most easily done in this architecture, I figured
> asking here might get a response that would clarify that.
>
> Greg in Mississippi

Think laterally if the recording is somehow done "wrong" you can
conclude that indeed the recording has the wrong absolute phase . Just
load the files into suitable sound editing software and invert the phase
and save new files .
Now the problem is solved for all current and future playback platforms
.

Before doing all this work do some abx testing on if you really can hear
this ? it a contested "fact" in an ideal world you should not but it can
be system dependent for example non-linearity in speakers can enhance
this so the effect will be (if it exist at all ) more audible in some
systems than others .
And its not easy to test when you flick the phase switch you make a
sudden change to the pressurisation on you listening room and it can
effect the ear for a while .
So a real test would involve whole tracks with a bit of pause in-between
them .

Not criticizing you you but just keen that they don’t waste to much
effort/time/money in building in "audiophile folklore" in the product ,
but what we get is real performance .
I'm prepared to pay for some audiophile folklore just to get a product
at all :) but at least base it in reality .
But a phase switch may not be costly at all it can for example be in the
squeezelite software and then made available as a player setting .
A phase swich in the software may be a bad idea when using the digital
out for DTS,hdcd,DoP embedded in flac files....

So maybe this is best fixed at the source the music file itself (if
indeed the problem is real)

In multitrack recording this is not (a real) problem , you have multiple
tracks mixed to together at whatever phase it's a mess in both
polarities . For example if the drum track is correct and the song not
you cant fix it .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4