This is a strange one . I don't actually expect to solve it but
plausible explanations would be nice .

WOL works fine for me , with one exception if I've been away for some
weeks ( work usually ).

It does not work I have to manually fire up the server once then all is
fine indefinitely until next time duty drags me away to some obscure
corner of the country ( or elsewhere ).

Does not work: no interface can WOL the server not any of my players not
iPeng ( not even manually ) not etherwake on my desktop , not the WOL UI
in my tomato flashed router .

I gues I have do more structured testing .

I * think * it does not mather if the equipment is plugged in in my
abscence or not , but I could be wrong ?
I can't reproduce the issue by powering of everything and wait a
reasonable time I * think * .

This is not easy to test as when it works again I have to wait to after
my next work related travell .

A thing I suspect would be the NIC in the  server does it need to be
powered all the time ? It needs power to be able to perform WOL that
part works it has some 5v running as soon as it is conected to the
mains, but it would it " forget this " after prolonged power outage . I
my problem is a limit to some memory capacitor in the NIC ?

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)