I haven't been able to reproduce this so far.
However... Since I posted the 7.0 version I have made quite a number of
changes to the artwork handling. They were mainly done for performance
reasons but might potentially fix this issue, too, some of the issues
affecting performance could have an effect on the correct caching as
well.

The 7.0.1 version is waiting for approval since yesterday, let's hope it
makes it before the holiday shutdown.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7*