Hi all. Like most of you I am very committed to the LMS / Squeezebox
eco-system. Planning to keep using it for years to come. My music
collections is painstakingly taged and has around 1900 albums in FLAC.
I’m using a Touch for my main system and a Squeezebox 3 for second room
use. LMS 7.8 nightly home server on Debian and long time IPeng user and
very happy with it all.

My thoughts and worries on continuing this model are as follows. For the
server version, I thing we are safe. 7.8 works perfectly and will keep
working for years to come I guess. It’s not before it is no longer
supported in future Debian versions that we have an issue. For the
client devices, if my Touch dies, I’m sure I will get me a Community
Squeeze / Wandboard device. For integrated speakers/clients, I just
bought one of the latest (?) UE Radio’s and will probably buy another
one. I like to have a simple all in one solution and don’t see it coming
from Logitech and not so simple from third parties. So covered from that
angle as well.

My ‘concerns’ are twofold: what if Logitech stops Tomorrow with
mysqueezebox.com, will I still have internet radio through the TuneIn
app? I’m really not sure if this will be affected. Another thing, with
this wealth of knowledge on these forums, what if Logitech stops
providing this hosted service. Do we have a backup or something. What’s
the contingency plan for this?
Furthermore, I’m looking forward for using the great eco-system we have
for many years. All the best in 2014!

Ralph

Meridian 506.24, Squeezebox Touch, Technics SL-1210 M5G KAB +
Phonoclone, DIY amplifiers, Linkwitz Orions+ incl Thors, Sennheiser
HD650 + PPAv2 headphone amp