I would hope that, if Logitech pulls the plug on msb.com, they would
release a final LMS version without hooks to it...

Even if they don't the SB work ok without SB access.

I don't listen to internet radio nor do I ever use msb.com, to me it is
always about streaming FLAC or MP3 files from computer to the SBen
around the house.

A while ago, I simple created an Ubuntu 12.04 VM with SBS on it - it is
the only thing the VM does. Everytime something goes halfway weird I can
always go and delete the current VM and spin up the original, clean OVA
file.

Hence, my only concern is at what point in time will VM Player stop
supporting Ubuntu 12.04, and whether I'll be able to then create a new
VM with SBS running on a supported Ubuntu version. I hope that is many,
many years out. :-)

...pablo
Server: Virtual Machine running Ubuntu 12.04 + LMS 7.7.3 on VMware
Player
System: SB Touch --optical->- Benchmark DAC2HGC --AnalysisPlus Oval
Copper XLR->- Creek Destiny Power Amp --AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval->-
KEF LS50
Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> AudioEngine5