Having just discovered that my Zyxel NAS has a built-in copy of the
Logictech Media software, which seems to offer all I want to stream my
CD rips to the Hifi downstairs, I have bought a Wired only SB3 from
Ebay. Setting it up today I have found that it works very well connected
to a Gigabit switch next to my router upstairs. Unfortunately when I
attempt to connect it using 500 MB Powerline adaptors downstairs I get
"Ethernet appears to be disconnected", even though plenty of other
devices work fine over the same connection. I get the same message when
I try to connect it in other rooms upstairs which have wired connections
to the same switch through which it works fine when connected using a 2m
lead. The upstairs connections are only about 3-4m long but incorporate
a couple of plugs and sockets. When trying it through another switch
downstairs the connection light on the port illuminates, so its presence
is being recognised.

Is this a known issue with the SB3, or is mine faulty and needs to be
returned?

I'm hoping that someone has an answer because the Squeezebox system
seems to be the right solution for us.

Thanks

Pete