Kellen wrote:

> I use a program called Acronis to make an image file of my operating
> system which I keep in case of a drive failure. I have never needed to
> use it but feel good knowing that it is there for me. I would like to
> use Acronis to do regulars of my backup flacs. I will do a full backup
> of my flacs now but should I use differential or incremental backups
> afterwards? I don't expect to be seeing more than 50 cds a year
> purchased from now on.

Look for a 3-2-1 approach, ie. 3 forms of backup, 2 backups onsite and 1
backup offsite.   I use a product GoodSync it will automatically keep
track and just push the changes from source to destination and you can
set this up to run daily/mthly or whatever schedule you want.  I have
this setup to run in idle time, so when various family laptops are left
on, the changes are pushed out to them from the main system plus I also
have a backup on a hard disk that lives in the car's entertainment
system.

In answer to your original question, this may help;
http://www.acronis.com/en-gb/resource/solutions/backup/2005/incremental-backups.html

www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic
journey through your music library using MusicIP.  Plus the finest
MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the
Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.