Since some time I hear strange knocking sounds, I guess some sort of
artefacts, when I listen to Funk Republic Radio using my slim devices (a
touch, a receiver and softsqueeze). Sometimes it also sounds as if other
stations would squeeze in for a fraction of a second.

Other internet radio stations are not affected. Also when I listen to
Funk Republic Radio using the browser or Winamp, it sounds normal,
without any unwanted sounds.

Does anyone here know what causes this, and how to avoid it?

My LMS runs on a QNAP. It is v 7.7.2 - r33893
When I look up the Receiver's, Touch's and Softsqueeze's versions on the
Duet remote control (after first selecting each player) they are all
shown as v 7.7.2 r9663. However Softsqueeze itself (on the computer)
shows its version as 3.9b2.