I saw that you're running on Windows... is the machine clean?
Yeah, I use it exclusively for itunes, slimserver and EAC

What does
taskmgr show you for CPU and pagefile usage? CPU around 4% to 7% with
short, infrequent jumps to 60%  PF useage is 316 MB (steady)

Is the disk light on steadily? Nope

Slimserver's disk activity when not rescanning is a tap on the
disk every two or three seconds; more than that probably indicates
memory paging.
I really don't see that going on.

My CPU is a P4 1.5ghz, 768 MB of RAM.  Hard drive 1 (system) is a 150mb
drive 134 free 14.4 used.  The second disk is for music and has 125 used
64 free.

Any other ideas?

Dan

--