On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 21:48 -0500, Mark Lanctot wrote:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > network. Would this cause problems or be a bad idea
> > to have Slimserver  on one PC and the audio files i want to stream on a
> > seperate PC?

> I don't think that's possible, unfortunately.  The
> files have to reside on the server.

Of course it is possible. Files are files, they
can be served from nearly anyway.

A more important question is why would you want to do this?
network file access is harder to set up and usually slower
(often by a lot) than local access. I would not recommend it
unless you have thought through the engineering concerns.
But it will work.

Maybe not fast enough to keep the users happy, but that
is what the engineering is for.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html