Get.amped, thanks for all that. Busy night tonight and I'm not able to
do justice to all that yet. I can certainly try and draw out my network
in its component parts.

I've realised something else though about my Touch connections issues:
(sorry for the length of this, but I can't see any way of cutting it
short and still getting all the info. across.)

Last night, when that Touch was causing problems, it was slow to connect
to the network. When it did it wouldn’t see LMS/Vortexbox, but would
connect to MSB.com. At this stage the router had been ‘up’ for quite a
while - weeks probably.

I then re-booted the router and fired up the Touch. At this stage it
connected smoothly to both the network and LMS/VB.

This player has (or should have) a static IP assigned, and even after a
router re-boot, I’d have expected it to reconnect to the router using
that assigned IP address. However the interesting thing to me (and the
point of the post) is that it was showing up with a different IP address
- one within the router’s DHCP range.

So, does this suggest there is something wrong with the router’s
handling of IP assignation, or the way it’s dealing with static IP
addresses.

I now have two further "lost" Touches. Both are stuck at the stage where
they can't connect to the network. Perhaps a further reboot is needed.
Going to try that now.

It makes me wonder, despite only being a few months old, if the DHCP
server in the router is playing up?

Thanks to anyone who sticks with this.

SB "user" since 2000...
3 x Touch; 2 x Boom ; 3 x Classic; 1 x Controller
Spares - 1xClassic; 2xSB1
Controlled by iPad using 'Squeezepad'
Vortexbox appliance running LMS version 7.8