On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 19:44 -0800, Michaelwagner wrote:
> dean Wrote:
> > Nearly every ethernet card I've encountered does support WOL.

> I have some old ones that don't. Also, WOL requires at least an AT-X
> power supply and power to the lan card, so some older machines won't be
> able to support it even if the lan card does.

Pre ATX systems? drop them off the support list.
It has been a full year since Intel has been pushing BTX as
the only solution.

Sometimes you have to upgrade to something modestly modern
to get the cool new features. Its been years since I saw
a new system that had separate LAN cards, they have been
built into cheap motherboards for a long tiem.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html