I am about to buy one of my sons a Raspberry Pi kit with case, WiFi and
PSU with the project to build himself a PiCorePlayer based Squeezebox
clone - he has been lobbying for a Squeezebox for his bedroom or the
kid's den for a while.  This is not hi-fi so he will just be using the
audio out from the basic Pi or an old surplus Behringer USB DAC that I
have lying around.

To keep the cable clutter down to a minimum I am thinking of getting
powered speakers rather than separate amp and speakers.  Anybody have
any recommendations or pointers to good review sites?

Ideally the budget should not exceed £200 ($300).  A couple of line
level inputs so he could add an iPod dock at a later stage might be
useful - but not essential.  There is nothing on his pod that is not on
our LMS installation anyway and I have a Spotify account for anything
else.

Matt
http://www.last.fm/user/MJL-UK
*SqueezeBoxes:* Two SB Duets (Living room and kitchen)
*Server:* Synology DS111 (2TB) NAS running LMS 7.7.2
*Network:* Netgear DG834GT ADSL modem/router, Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH
access point
*Livingroom:* Receiver, Naim 42/110 amp, B&W CM2 speakers
*Kitchen:* Receiver, Topping TP20 Mk2 Class T amp, B&W 686 speakers
*Study:* Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/Headline.