PasTim wrote:
> If I could bypass the interim steps and get a version of squeezelite
> that made the audio stream directly available via an http port that
> would make the software a lot simpler to set up, discarding the need for
> the puleseaudio monitor, parec and (additional) sox steps.  Having said
> that, given the varying capabilities of different renderers, using sox
> to adjust the stream quality to a specific renderer may provide a more
> flexible solution, unless I can run multiple 'squeezelite' processes,
> each outputting a specific quality stream.
squeezelite supports writing the stream to stdout in little endian 16,
24 or 32 bits, that should allow you to remove the pulseaudio, monitor
and parec steps.

If the python script can server raw pcm, or be modified to do so, that
would simply it further.

Code:
--------------------

  Squeezelite v1.6.2, Copyright 2012-2014 Adrian Smith. See -t for license terms
  Usage: squeezelite [options]
  -o <output device>    Specify output device, default "default", - = output to
stdout
  -a <f>                Specify sample format (16|24|32) of output file when
using -o - to output samples to stdout (interleaved little endian only)

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *4*-Classics, *2*-Booms, *1*-Reverted UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4q8dvq20iyz9e/Builds) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezeslave&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.