I'm a long time Squeezebox user and have both the Squeeezebox 1 and
Squeezebox 2.  I recently switched off my dying Linksys WRT-54G access
point and replaced it with a Ubiquiti UniFi AP.  This AP supports a
number of protocols but I set up a wireless network with name
"Switcheroo" and WEP 64-bit security.  My Squeezebox 2 sees the network
fine and connects, but the SB1 does not.  When I get to the "Choose your
wireless network (SSID):" screen when I scroll down, rather than seeing
"real" network names I see things like:

zézézézézézézézézézézézézézézézé

or

DéDéDéDéDéDéDéDéDéDéDéDéDéDé

I do get the choice to enter my own network name, and I can enter
"Switcheroo" and specify the password, and it goes to "Connecting to
wireless network" and counts down from 20, then fails to find the
network.

Has anyone seen this garbled network name issue before?  Any advice?