Nick_G wrote:
> All Belarus national PSB streams are WMA 128k but can't be played on the
> Squeezebox e.g. http://www.tvr.by/liveair/radius.asx (Radius FM)
>
> All the Chinese PSB networks do the same thing; they are also WMA
> streams e.g. mms://live.hitfm.cn/fm887.wsx (88.7 Hit FM)

MMS is from the steam age of the internet.  MMS is a format that has not
been supported by Microsoft since 2007. All these broadcaster have to do
is tick a check box in their server s/w config and they will have http -
but my guess they do not want to touch it.  If you have a local LMS
srerver - then LMS can transcode and play it.

>  A few countries have their best quality streams only available via a
> flash-based player e.g. if you go to Polskie Radio's website and play
> the streams from there it goes to an AAC+ 128k stream (e.g.
> http://player.polskieradio.pl/-3[q) but I can't extract any urls that
> are playable on the Squeezebox. There are WMA alternatives but these
> aren't as high quality.

Flash based audio or ones which hide http behind a flash player are
going away slowly because Flash is not being supported on iOS and
Android.