Thanks everybody.

An advantage of having a copy of the original, freshly configured VM is
that if anything weird happens, I can just go and either save or delete
the current VM, and load one that always works. All I have to do is run
a scan, done, it all works as if freshly configured. :-)

I did save the old VM and may do some troubleshooting this weekend to
understand what went wrong...

...pablo
Server: Virtual Machine running Ubuntu 12.04 + LMS 7.7.3 on VMware
Player
System: SB Touch --optical->- Benchmark DAC2HGC --AnalysisPlus Oval
Copper XLR->- Creek Destiny Power Amp --AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval->-
KEF LS50
Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> AudioEngine5