StridingEdge wrote:
> Well I didn't know that was the cause - had I known what the reason was
> I wouldn't have asked about it on here would I?

Which is what I would do as well. This is a good place to ask such
questions. I was commenting on your "sheer disappointment".

> Besides, I was under the impression that the complete scan process did a
> clean cache at the same time - apparently not!

A full scan will clear the databases of their contents first, but it
doesn't actually remove the files. So if a database file is corrupted,
the only way to fix the problem is to delete the file. That's what the
clear cache function does. You can also do the same thing by stopping
the LMS server and deleting the files manually.

> Er... no to your question. I only visited here a few times when I
> initially got the box, so I have not been party to discussions of that
> nature

Ask questions. (There are no stupid questions, right?) Educate yourself.
Everyone here is glad to help.