I have to admit I Read the first page and jumped to the last page hoping
to glance at a reference to

Chromecast Dongle & Squeezesoft Marrige?

Why would you even need that little white dongle.

Shurly what google's chromecast api's already are capable of  &
Squeezesoft-ware  could somehow come together.

I already have it plugged into the back of my Onkyo HT-RC430 5.1 CH Home
Theater Receiver.

And even tho I'm not pulling any video off the HDMI bus...At this
moment.

The 5.1 appears to be working well to be Rocking My Bose 501's hanging
upside down from little poles thru the ceiling

@ the back of the room. & ... ;) A  20 Yr old pair of 15" Cerwin Vega's
I've had 4 ever.  for front Speakers.

I'm probably the most hated neighbor in My Subdivision...

But Its crystal Clear krakle free @ Very High Levels & Powerful Sounding
as hell. Thinking about adding a Cooling Fan to

that Onkyo Just for good measure tho.   Just Got that Onkyo thru Wally
World Site to store about a year or so ago they had

an awsome price on that Mo. #.. Only thing your not really getting with
that receiver I'd like 2 had was ethernet for app control.