Hi,
I'm a bit surprised that I cannot find any information on this question
in this forum or anywhere else on the internet. So maybe there is
something wrong with the question?

Anyway, here is what I'm wondering about: since all my music is on my
LMS, I'm considering replacing my stereo and wirebound speakers with
some kind of wireless active speakers. In other words, the idea is to
connect one of my Squeezeboxes - let's say the Touch - directly to the
speakers (rather than to the stereo (i.e. the amplifier) which then
transmits to the speakers via those old wires).

My question is: which type of speakers am I looking for?

It is starting to dawn on me that all those airplay and dlna certified
speakers that are being hyped these days are -not- what I'm looking for
(because they would access my music through the LMS dlna server so that
I would lose all the benefits of using LMS). Am I right? - Maybe some of
those speakers have a Line In that I could use to connect the squeezebox
touch, but why pay for all the other stuff when you don't need it?

Maybe what I'm looking for are not really wireless speakers after all
since I do want to connect my Squeezebox touch with a wire (or rather: I
see no other way)? The wireless part would be connecting the second
speaker. So what type of speaker am I looking for? I'd appreciate
general advice as well as suggestions for specific speakers that you
might want to recommend (or warn me about!).

Cheers,
Christoph