Just want to report some update. Thanks to libupnp, I now have a small
application that discovers automatically all uPNP media renderer on my
networks. It is a general uPNP control point, but focusing on Sonos, I'm
able to play, pause, stop Sonos devices.

1) I can send an URI that comes from LMS directly. In that case, LMS is
acting as a uPNP media server and my app does nothing else that being a
control point
2) More interesting, my app can also receive all HTTP-GET from Sonos
devices, after it has sent "play" command to it so that, I can play
anything coming from the inside of the app

I'm hopeful that I can now automatically create some "fake" SB
Squeezelite devices that will simply expose Sonos to LMS - one "fake
Squeezelite" for every Sonos.

With 1) it could be a software gateway between the 2, now that play,
pause, stop works, the song would be direclty piped from Sonos to LMS,
but my app would provide the control. There would be no synchro possible
in that case, Squeezelite would not play any role in the audio data
stream in fact.

With 2) the audio data stream would transit through my app and, maybe, I
could get synchro by carefully feeding them to Sonos devices