Jeff_G wrote:
> I think I might just go for the Transporter!
> Although I do have a few questions before I go for it.
>
> 1. I will only use my phone, so I'm  guessing the one without the knob
> will do just fine. Same unit, same internals etc.?
> 2. Does it sound much better than the SB3?
> 3. What is the highest resolution it will play? 192/24?
> 4. I'm using Synology DiskStation because that has LMS and I do not have
> to have my computer switched on. I'm guessing LMS is the same for all
> SlimDevices/Logitech units and it should work straight out of the box?
> 5. If I remember correctly, I had to register and enter my email and
> password when I was setting the SB3 up. Is there anything like this?
> Because the email no longer exists and I don't remember the password
> either.

1. yes, same unit, same internals. I control with my iphone, ipad, or
laptop computer. I don't ever touch the transporter at all.
2. hard to say, it has higher quality internal components, a very good
DAC, and has balanced analog outputs in addition to unbalanced analog
outs. Whether it sounds better. Not sure, I haven't done a double blind
test.
3. 24/96 only. And the EDO applet for the TOUCH won't work on the
Transporter. So max 24/96.
4. Yes, LMS works for any SB players, including transporter
5. you can skip the userid/pw if you don't want to be integrated with
mysqueezebox.com (you won't be able to use pandora or siriusXM, etc.)

*Location 1:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* several Touch, Radio, SB3
*Controllers:* iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify