But I don't want the old app. I want a new app, that works in iOS 8,
with a couple different features from the stock app.

I understand that all the momentum is toward streaming apps, social
media integration, smart playlists, etc. But I keep thinking someone out
there must appreciate the desire for those two simple features I
mentioned. For the first, think of a jukebox. For the second, think of
shelves of CDs or vinyl arranged by artist/year or artist/album and
choosing one disc from that shelf. I know that's a dinosaur paradigm
now, but we dinosaurs aren't extinct yet.